Monday, March 31, 2008

Back from Destin

We spent most of last week in Destin with my parents. Dad and Jason played lots of golf and the girls spent time at the beach, pool and shopping (very, very little :( though). Our girls have really not played on the beach much at all before. I don't know that Mollie ever has. In the past, Morgan has not really enjoyed it because her eyes are very sensitive and she doesn't like the brightness, and she has a sister to play with now which made it much more fun. They were so much fun to watch in the sand and getting splashed from the waves...
Here is a sand castle that we made!
Actually the first couple days there were a little cool...in the 60's. Not miserable, just a little cool for swimming. We went to an aquarium type place on Wednesday in Panama City called Gulf World where we saw a ton of animals and shows. That night we had dinner with Morgan's teacher and her daughter who were vacationing in PC. I really didn't think she'd want to see anyone from school while down there, but she pursued us and I think just needed some adult conversation. She came with her 14 year old daughter and her friend!











All I know is that pregnant people should NOT be allowed in the sun!!!! Unfortunately, on Thursday, I got the worst sunburn of my life! We went to the beach and it was in the mid-high 60's with a 20-25mph wind. Mom and I sat there with goosebumps for 3-4 hours watching the girls play. Never once did I feel the slightest warmth from the sun. Yet somehow, when I came in, I had wierd uneven stripes down my arms and legs. I looked like a raccoon from my sunglasses (but I had to see to make sure the girls didn't drown!) and one foot was extremely red. Everything was so unexplainable. I knew my skin was more sensitive, but my burn wasn't on one particular side, etc, just very splotchy. My foot and ankle ended up swelling up so much that it looked like I'd been bit by something and I had to visit the emergency room Sunday night to check my circulation. They simply told me that I had sun poisoning and that my skin was "injured" and the swelling was its way of trying to fight that off. The only thing I could do to help it go away quicker is to elevate my legs! Easier said than done with 2 kids!
I don't have a picture of my nasty swollen foot/ankle and striped legs, but here's my top half!
I tried once again to get some of the beautiful beach pictures that everyone else seems to have, but my camera was having issues!
Mollie was very worried about getting her dress wet and would rather everyone on the beach see her Ariel panties!!!

Last year Mollie wouldn't jump into the pool unless she was holding your hand or at least a finger. She started doing it on her own last week and was very proud "1..2..3..4..5.." jump!







...pretty flowers by one of the pools!

Mollie posing...
Morgan with her goggles that she doesn't want to take off...

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Sorry to hear about your sun poisoning- our last beach trip I got a horrible heat rash from the hot tub on the first night. Not fun and hardly fair if you ask me:) Hang in there and glad you had some time off at least.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! Hope your sun poisoning/sun streaking is better. Love you! Hasmig

Anonymous said...

gonna teach lil mollie it's dress up panties down, if she doen't take them off I will, men like to see their littlepussy at her age, great that you buy her sexy ones mum